Friday, March 7, 2008

Can't Stop Writing

So for a few of you that might be still checking in here, or have stumbled upon the blog accidently, I thought I'd share the little amount of (non-academic, of course) writing I've been doing lately.

A couple weeks ago I went to an alumni panel for communication and journalism majors at Seattle U, and quite a few interesting SU alum showed up to share their wisdom. One of them was Teresa Wippel, an upbeat lengthy woman probably in her mid-40s. She spoke about her public relations firm that focused on green issues. She also talked about her new community-based web site, Green for Good, a place for people to gather and share green ideas in an effort to live a more sustainable life.

So, being the ever-hopeful journalism student, I approached Teresa after the panel with the proposal of doing a once-a-week column on students living green in a simple (and cheap) way.

Here's the first of my weekly columns in what we're calling the "Greener Grad." Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The challenge will be when you enter the work force and, little by little you will find fewer of your friends are of the green mindset. I found it a struggle earlier this year to carry around a coffee travel mug because it kept spilling in my bag...and reverted back to the paper Starbucks cups which I carry when need be. Who is my hero to guide the way? The people at work who have these mugs drive cars. I am carless, and do not have a coffee tray! Oh, the irony...

Laura said...

hi love.
miss you tons...
did you get my last email?