Sunday, July 13, 2008

Tennis Chatter: A Week Later

Well, we're just now a week removed from that epic final that had all of us stirring for days and that we will no doubt be thinking about and re-analyzing for weeks, months and perhaps years to come! I've spent this last week working and hanging out with family, and also had the pleasure of playing my first USTA tournament in over three years. All in all, it was a good weekend (and I'll just leave it at that!).

With all this "de-throning" and "changing of the guard" talk on the men's side, I wanted to touch a bit on what the last few weeks have meant for women's tennis. In my post on Wednesday, I mentioned that a few journalists had made this point themselves, and so I thought it would be fun to speak a bit about it in my next video post. My good friend Kelsey joined in for the convo, and though she's no tennis buff, she knows a thing or two about longevity and burnout.



Over the next week, I'm working furiously on two feature articles that are to be printed in my hometown paper, the Independent Record. I'm pretty stoked to be doing some freelance while in Montana, and hope that I'll be able to cover all my ground and write some kick-ass stuff. I've got this blog thing down pretty good, but writing features for the local paper is a little bit different.

While I'm researching, transcribing interviews and writing, the men and women of the professional tennis tour officially kick off the US Open Series with the ladies at the Bank of the West Classic at Stanford and the guys playing in Indianapolis.

6 comments:

Yvette Madelaine said...

I trust you'll supply linkage to your articles when they're done, for non-locals like me :)

Nick McCarvel said...

Yes! Linkage will most definitely be supplied.

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! Loved your video post! Great job. :)

Nick McCarvel said...

Thanks Karena ... I'll for sure be back with a couple more video posts this week!

Anonymous said...

Nice video and info there. Greatly enjoyed it. Now . . to look around the rest of this great site.

sheaul said...

replica bags in china replica bags sydney 7a replica bags philippines