Monday, January 28, 2008

The Season Continues

The tennis season has just begun with the Aussie Open, not ended. I hope to be posting some of my post-tournament thoughts sometime this week, but here's a few nuggets.

To me, this Aussie was one of the best grand slams in recent history. There were plenty of entertaining matches, lots of dramatic ones, and a cast of characters that displayed a will to win through 14 days of tennis. There was something about the spirit of this tournament that has gone unmatched in tennis as of late. Perhaps it was just me feeling awe-inspired by the Aussies, but I feel that this major was a turning point in many ways.

Already, the ATP has weighed in on its site with the "Top 10 Memorable Melbourne Moments."

Turning to current tennis, the men are in action at Vina del Mar, the sole tournament on tap this week. Fernando Gonzalez is the top seed where he is joined by Juan Ignacio Chela, Juan Monaco and my favorite, Fernando Verdasco.

No comments: