Saturday, September 15, 2007

Summer is Winding Down

The past few weeks in Montana have completed what has been an incredible summer of 2007. I began my journey as a wide-eyed Montana boy in Manhattan, and am ending it over the next few days with my two best friends visiting me in Helena before we head back to Seattle for our senior year of college.

Thinking that I'm a senior (senior!) is so intimidating. Everyone here in Helena (and I mean everyone - this town is so Stars Hollow-esque) keeps asking me: "So what are you going to do after graduation?"

Four years ago, as a high school senior, I felt like I faced that question every day. Though I had many answers throughout the year (college in Massachusetts, then Seattle; AmeriCorps; staying in Helena), I never knew exactly what I was going to do until late May, when my scholarships lined up at SU.

So instead of throwing out the answer of the day, I've told most people that I have 'no clue' what I'm going to be doing in a year. Seattle is a possibility, as is Portland, or Helena, or New York...or anywhere for that matter.

I do know that I want to be doing something that I'm passionate about. In a lot of ways, I hope that includes tennis, but if it doesn't, then so be it.

For now, I'll enjoy my last few days of freedom before I find myself wedged between paper deadlines and work schedules. On goes my life (and the blog!).

1 comment:

M said...

"New York" is always an acceptable answer when people ask you what you will be doing next year. Kisses.