Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Kelly Concert Review; A-Train Rolls

Today, my good friend Matt Murphy over at Ranting Details put up my Kelly Clarkson concert review. One of the topics I discuss in the review is the diverse fan base that Clarkson has supporting her at concerts. I would argue that point for tennis, as well. Though long known as a "country club" sport, I think tennis has really internationalized and, over time, become more of a people's sport.

While the popular reach of tennis may be minute compared to the American past time of baseball and the global of phenomenon of soccer, the rise of non-American stars has no doubt helped the game go global and be available for a larger fan base, which I think we are all thankful for.

While Kelly was great on her third time around, Andy Roddick was just as good on his second. The American, who beat Nicolay Davydenko in three sets in his opening round robin match dispatched Fernando "Federer Beater" Gonzalez 6-1 6-4 to secure the first semifinal spot at the season ending championships in Shanghai.

No comments: