Thursday, November 29, 2007

WoDaCu

I wish WoDaCu was the name of a new tennis wonder; a 13-year-old Nigerian girl who weighed just 95 pounds but hit a down-the-line backhand at 100 miles per hour.

But, instead it's my acronym-infused shortening for: Weekend of Davis Cup, which is as (or, more, depending on how you see it) exciting as a Nigerian child prodigy.

For all of you hoping for the dramatics of a typical U.S.-Russia DC tie, you're in for a treat. I'm hoping that the tennis is as good as the theatrics, and that Mr. James Blake can win his first big Davis Cup rubber, ever.

For now, I'll leave you with my new closest friend, Sweety. Here, Sweety auditions for American Idol, but is successful as Daniela Hantuchova was in attempting to beat a hobbled Serena Williams at Wimbledon this year (aka NOT successful). Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, too, hope that Blake has a good showing at the DC, i'd like to see him win a big one.

fyi, check out this great holiday e-card from the tennis channel. Share it with your friends at http://lots.tennischannel.com/